WELCOME

THIS IS A BLOG DEDICATED TO PITT FOOTBALL.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

UTAH RECAP....OH MY DEAR LORD!

I really don't know how to feel after this game.  It was sort of like the Rutgers game offensively except worse.  I felt pretty ill after the game and didn't have anything to do with what I ate.  Could you play a worse offensive game?  Is it possible that the offense has not hit rock bottom yet?  I hope not.  120 yards!  9 for 30 passing!  3 turnovers!  Multiple sacks!!  The list goes on and on and on. 

Anyone want to blame Sunseri?  Go ahead, do it!  Anderson?  Sure, why not?  The offensive line?  Yea, they can take some too.  HOW ABOUT THE RECEIVERS!?!?!  Has anyone seen Mike Shanahan?  Either he keeps stealing girls off of Anderson and Sunseri, or he's not getting open.  He's not the only one...no one seems to be very open!  It's the entire offensive, save for Ray Graham...although if you want to nitpick a little bit, I'm sure you can look at his blitz pick ups and find one or two bad plays.

How about Todd Graham?  I'm not so quick to point at him.  The Pitt offense is just not executing as of right now.  Sorry, I just don't buy that it's him.  After all, didn't he take over an AWFUL Rice program that was running the WISHBONE OFFENSE and put them in a bowl game in his first year?  Didn't he take over Tulsa and do it there too (not with the wishbone, but still)?  Are you telling me that the athletes at those two schools were better then what Pitt has?  Please!!!  Save it.  You want to tell me he's lost this team?  OK, explain the special teams and defense that played well today (except for the punting game - I will forgive a little there due to the wind).  If he would have lost the team, then wouldn't the whole team be lost and not just one unit?  The offense is what is wrong with Pitt right now.

The defense played well again, registering 7 sacks and a ton of tackles for loss, but there is a gaping hole in the middle of that defense.  John White 4.0 had 171 yards, and I'm willing to bet that about 145 of them came up the gut.  Gruder and Roberts MUST do better in that area.  Gruder is getting lots of tackle stats, but come on...that is not the first time, the middle of the defense has been exposed badly in a game.

One thing is for certain...I will not blame anyone for not attending a game at Heinz Field...hell, ESPN even apologized when the game was over. I can't blame people for not wanting to plunk down their money to see THAT!  Here is another thing that dawned on me during the game...when Anderson, Sunseri and even Ronald Jones were playing musical quarterbacks.....Mark Meyers must be God awful!  He has to be.  I don't want to hear that his footwork does not fit this offense.  I don't want to hear that his release is not right...he can't do any worse....it is almost impossible for him to do worse!!!!!

Where does Pitt go from here?  They have 10 days to get it together, or at least put something resembling something that isn't shit on offense.  I believe I am pretty confident that two players will return to the lineup on the 26th versus UConn.  Lucas Nix should be back and that should help at least somewhat...like I said, I really hope it cannot get worse. Todd Thomas should also come back.  That would be nice, as he was progressing along nicely before being injured against South Florida.  Let's hope that it gets better, because if it doesn't, things could get REALLY ugly.  Don't believe me?  You should have seen twitter and listened to the post game show.  It was that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment