WELCOME

THIS IS A BLOG DEDICATED TO PITT FOOTBALL.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

COACHING SEARCH, PENS, & BIRCH

OK, so we will get to the coach search and I know I like to keep this blog about Pitt football for the most part, but two issues, I want to do a few sentences about and then on to the coaching search:

1.       Khem Birch has left the Pitt basketball program.  That is a shame and it hurts badly.  I was looking forward to seeing him blossom and help Pitt reach levels that we have not seen.  I love Pitt basketball and this sucks, but to see some of the things being said about Birch on twitter amazes me.  I am 35 years old, but I remember being a freshman at Clarion University and thinking about transferring on several occasions. I ended up staying, but not everyone does.  In addition to everyone that does leave their first school of choice, I would estimate more than 50% of college freshmen at least investigate other schools during their first year of college.  It is called growing up and that is what Birch is attempting to do.  Please respect that process.  ThePitt Script blog had a great tweet this morning (great blog by the way).  I am completely paraphrasing, but he did say with all the passion directed towards Birch on twitter he expects a full house at the Pete tonight.  He’s right, with all the passion of hate directed towards him (Birch) AND Sunseri on twitter, you would expect sell outs every night.

2.       Will anyone with hockey experience, please report to the Penguins.  Paul Martin went down last night, and shit if I didn’t think about getting my equipment and going to Wilkes Barre to see if they needed me for a night while some of their guys are in Pittsburgh covering for all of the injuries.  I asked a friend if he has ever seen a two year stretch like this in pro-sports of injuries to one team and they kept on winning, and responded the 1976 Steelers…good one, but that was only one year.

Now, onto the coaching search to replace someone that left Pitt with on the side of the road like a $2 whore without a pimp to pick her up:



Paul Zeise at the PGis doing his usual bang up job and with him and other sources confirming 3 names at least; I will say that I like all three names.  I have my favorites, but would not have a problem with any of the three they are naming right now.  I do expect this to be done by the middle of this coming week at the latest.  Here are my rankings of the top 3:

1.       Luke Fickell – Like what he did at Ohio State, but I will admit that the only reason I don’t have the number 2 guy here, is because I feel like Fickell would treat this as somewhere he wants to stay for a while if successful.

2.       Mario Cristobal – I would have him number 1, but I fear a job opening up down south and him bolting.  Love the record and the job he has done at FIU.  Read about the obstacles he overcame therehere, under his summary by Chris Dokish.  Also pointed out in the article are two things I love….OC is from North Carolina (ACC Country) and the DC is from Pittsburgh.  Not a bad recruiting base to have Florida, mid-atlantic, and Pittsburgh covered!

3.       Paul Chryst – I would love to finally have a great offensive line, but I just wonder about the staff he would have and his personality.  However, if this is the guy that ends up with the job, I still like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment