WELCOME

THIS IS A BLOG DEDICATED TO PITT FOOTBALL.

Monday, December 5, 2011

HE SAID WHAT???

So, I am going about my day at my new job today and I start seeing things pop up on twitter about some comments made by former Pitt football coach, Dave Wannstedt. I immediately start thinking about how to defend him, because that is what I did for 6 years. I found an extra minute to read the article and you can read it here as well. Let me tell you how I feel about the article:


Among the highlights are Wanny sticking up for Tino Sunseri. Ummmm, has he watched at all this year? I wonder if it has anything to do with his relationship with former Pitt player, Sal Sunseri...yup, Tino's dad. Wanny goes on to say that he would yank his kid out of Pitt right away...weird, I always thought Dave was a "Pitt guy" and would always be a "Pitt guy"? Yea, sounds like he's sticking up for his alma mater real well. Wait to wait until the very last second to form your opinion Dave.


He went on to criticize Pitt’s current team saying they were co Big East Champs when he left and now they are 6-6.  I wonder what Pitt was before Wanny took over???  Anyone, anyone…anyone want to take a guess??  Nope?  Let me tell you.  They had just played in the Fiesta Bowl as the Big East co-champs.  Then Dave took over and went 5-6….good memory Dave.


Well, not to worry, now that Dave is a defensive coach in Buffalo, I am sure the Bills are doing well this year in defensive categories.  Especially since they play The Sanchize and whatever QB the Dolphins are putting in this week, I am sure they are at the top of the NFL.  Let’s see what their statistics are right now….22nd in total defense, 19th in passing defense, 25th in rushing defense and hold onto your hats….DEAD LAST IN SACKS!  Good job…don’t look in the mirror or anything.


He also went on in the article to talk about how he offered Rushel Shell a scholarship when Shell was in 9th grade.  Yes you did Dave.  With your accurate talent eye, you spotted this 4 star recruit right away.  The same kid told Pitt no, no, no, no, no, no, no….until Graham came along.  Only then did Shell look Pitt’s way.


Lastly, at least Wanny can say that he left the program with class and dignity.  Oh wait, what?  They ranked number one in all of Division I football with players having run-ins with the law??  Weird!  I always thought he was a great disciplinarian.



I can’t even go on anymore.  Thanks for remaining a true Pitt guy Dave.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Wanny should keep his yap shut. He has no grounds to be critical of Graham. It was Wanny's inability to win games that got him rightfully canned. The losses to Bowling Green and Ohio U might go down as two of the worst losses in Pitt history.

    ReplyDelete