WELCOME

THIS IS A BLOG DEDICATED TO PITT FOOTBALL.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

RECAPPING LOUISVILLE....


Alright I am trying to get back into it, but it will take a little time.  It’s time to recap what I know of the Louisville game on Saturday.  My wedding ended at about 1:30AM on Saturday morning.  I woke up and it was time to greet the remaining family members/wedding goers at brunch.  At about 10:50, I decided to gather up everything in the room to get ready for our little half honeymoon weekend in Cape May, NJ.  I was able to see Pitt’s first drive and Louisville tie it up.  After that, it was hit and miss, and then I was able to turn on the radio (thank you XM) for the drive down to the shore and listen to the second half.

Let’s get a few things straight….I did not get to watch the game or gather the information to really form an opinion, but here is what I do know:

·         Whether you like it or not, Louisville is a pretty good team.  Pitt hung around with them and the defensive effort was disappointing, but it doesn’t change the fact that Pitt was right in it at halftime and even had a chance late to pull within 7 points.

·         Get it through your heads!!!!!!!!  Tino is not the problem here!  I’ll repeat that.  TINO IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!

·         Rushel Shell is the man and Graham will come in to change the pace from here on out.  They can’t hide it anymore.

·         Pitt fans are impossible to please.  They hated Wanny’s passive approach to the game and playing it safe.  Now, they hate Chryst for going for it.  Kevin Harper has been TERRIBLE and yet, they wanted Pitt to try a field goal instead of going for it late.  Look, I don’t agree with everything Chryst does, but the reaction to his anti-Wanny way of coaching goes to show that Pitt fans are pretty impossible.

That’s about the best I have for this one.  It sucks that Pitt lost, but try and keep it in perspective that Louisville is pretty good.  Pitt now has two winnable games in a row and they are must-wins if the Panthers want a bowl game this year.  I don’t know if that is the goal right now….so much as improving as the season goes on.  I may be a little late on the Buffalo preview, but I will get one up this week that is a little more in depth than the last several posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment